Want to get off to a good start as a NC State pre-health student?
- Review all of the Health Professions website
- Join the pre-health listserv and stay informed
- Meet with the pre-health peer advisor, weekly drop-in hours are available in the fall and spring
Other helpful suggestions:
- Attend the annual Health Professions Fair that attracts over 80 professional schools – the next one is 04/24/2021
- Consider joining the Pre-Health student club and specialty group (Medical, Dental, Physician Assistant/Nursing, Physical & Occupational Therapy, Optometry, Pharmacy, AED, DDS, Rural Health
- Review the websites of 2 or 3 potential professional schools of interest. Look closely at the admissions section and FAQs.
- Start gaining experience, both clinical and non-clinical (volunteer/community service)
- For an overview of Health Careers see explorehealthcareers.org